Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best Cornbread Ever

This cornbread is always a hit. It's so good that you don't need to put anything on it, even better with honey butter though. Try try try it! Homemade cornbread is so much better than Jiffy ;) I made it tonight with sweet potato fries, while Jacob made some delicious chili. I love having him home so that he can cook for me. Last night we were at Mom and Dad's and he made us Eggs Benedict for our Anniversary. My favorite! Anyway...the recipe...

½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup flour ( I use 1 c. wheat flour, and 1/2 c. white)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cup milk

Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny - don't be alarmed!). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.

Recipe Source: mykitchencafe.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Jared Dean said...

I made the mistake of looking at the food blog on fast Sunday. That Lemon Cheesecake made me lose faith for a second.