Monday, November 2, 2009

Herb Vinaigrette

1 T. Basil
1 T. Parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
4 t. Red wine vinegar
salt
freshly ground pepper
shredded parmesan

This is great to use for dipping fresh bread into. I've also used it by spreading it on my bread with some slices of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese or feta cheese for a sandwich. I also cut up potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, carrots, zucchini, and red peppers and tossed them with the vinaigrette and baked it for about 45 minutes (until the potatoes and carrots were slightly soft). I added feta cheese and served. Jared and I liked it; but, of course, the kids wouldn't touch it.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

sounds delicious, i make a greek salad with a vinaigrette that this would be great on. thanks!